Friday, January 8, 2010

Is it just me or is making good grades in high school incredibly easy?

It can be. High school was very easy for me and I got mostly As with a few Bs. However, I have friends that struggle academically and found high school to be very hard. It all depends on a persons strengths and weaknesses. It can also depend on classes taken, how a person applies him/herself, and other circumstances (personal problems, sickness, etc.).Is it just me or is making good grades in high school incredibly easy?
I think it is incredibly easy, because the education system is really being dumbed down. I am a teacher and am shocked sometimes at what I see. No one wants students to fail, so everything is being made ridiculously simple so they won't fail. Of course, what is happening is that the good students aren't really learning, and the lazier students are causing this domino effect to get worse.





No offense to you as a student. I'm not trying to insult you, I'm just saying what I see in general.Is it just me or is making good grades in high school incredibly easy?
I agree with the teacher (Merryberry). The schools really are going downhill. My son was bored with his schoolwork, because it was too easy, by first grade. I mentioned it to the teacher and she told me she couldn't give him any extra or harder work because it wouldn't be fair to the other kids. They wouldn't be able to keep up. WTF? When I was a kid they had special classes for the smart kids. Now they only have them for the dumb ones- and they're getting dumber every year. My kids can come home with perfect report cards and I'm like ';So what? You're smarter than the average moron';, and they agree. There's just no challenge anymore. It makes me sick.
Well then you obviously aren't taking the hardest classes to suit your abilities, so stop bragging. I consider myself to be highly intelligent but you don't see me bragging to people who suffer through every minute of school even though they try their best. In the words of Rick James: ';cold blooded.';
Good Question.





Making good grades is very easy for those of us who do (or in my case, did) well at school sort of stuff.





What is HARD is REMEMBERING all the stuff you learn. Challenge your brain to really GET IT and you will enhance your life and maybe win a lot of money on Jeopardy some day %26lt;G%26gt;.





For those who do not find it easy to get good grades, you probably learn better another way or have other talents. I speak as a mom who homeschools her kids. Everyone is unique and everyone is special.





Make the most of your education!
i feel the same way. i sometimes don't even have to do any homework at school because it's already done. basically, it's not you.
Your book smart. Every body has different talents.
uhm,


are you bragging or something?


its really rude.

No comments:

Post a Comment