Sunday, December 27, 2009

Can a person be fired for making harassing phone calls from work?

A person from my former job called me and threatened me from a company phone. I have the number on my caller ID. Can I take that to the police and if i do can that person be fired?Can a person be fired for making harassing phone calls from work?
That would be up to the employer, the police don't fire people.





If you believe the harassing will continue, I would suggest you bring it to the police anyway.Can a person be fired for making harassing phone calls from work?
you can get ahold of phone co. have them to tell the employer. then talk to sheriff office about phone harrassing.
I would think (depending upon how strict the company's policies are) that a person could be fired for making ANY personal calls from a company phone, within reason (Dr. appointments, picking up children from school etc. should be OK) But just to call somebody just to yak would be frowned on. So...yes, I think this person could be fired.





Now the question is: do you want this person to be fired or just back off? Because, if you get the person fired, you are really upping the ante in this little battle of yours. Are you certain that you want to make that much of an enemy of that person? For all I know, you may have started this fight, and also, you don鈥檛 know how crazy this person is.





I'd advise leaving it alone and having some forgiveness in your heart. Take the higher moral road. Don't take the next step to war.





However, if he/she does it again -- or often -- while you aren't returning fire, then by all means turn them in to the phone company. Harassment is against the law.
You can take this problem to the police and call the company from which he called from and speak to someone in charge there and tell them what is going on.


Good luck to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment