Sunday, December 27, 2009

How long should I wait before making a follow up call after my interview?

I had my first interview with a cell phone retailer last Monday and then I had a 2nd interview 2 days later (Wednesday, it was a phone interview) with the district manager. I think the interview went pretty well, but how long should i wait before calling to check on my status?How long should I wait before making a follow up call after my interview?
You should follow up after a first or second interview within 24 hours. Do you have an e-mail for either of the people who interviewed you? If so, send a thank you e-mail and tell them you are excited about the prospect of you working for them. It's always nice to follow up with a thank you and a lot of times you hear back about what the next step is.





Hope this helps.How long should I wait before making a follow up call after my interview?
If you made it to a secong interview, thats normally a good sign, so congrats! As for following up, it's normally a week waiting period on average. This gives the employer time to conduct other interviews and gather the necessary information regarding the applicants. I would say a week from when you had the interview is when you should make the follow up call.
Making it to a second interview is a good sign. Did the district manager indicate what the next steps would be? If not, I'd try again this coming Wednesday, a full week after the second interview. Be upbeat in your call, especially if you have to leave a voice mail. Indicate that you enjoyed your phone conversation, that you're very interested in the job, and that you were just following up to check on the status of your candidacy for the job.





Best of luck!
Call back in about 3 days, tell them you would like to know more about the company and think that you think you would fit in well with it, then ask when you could come back in for another interview. At that point they will say one of 3 things: ';Sorry, the position has been filled';, ';Come in on ____';, or what you should be hoping for: ';You got the job, you start on ____';.





good luck.
Good question. I'm not sure there's a specific time really, since no two employer's have the same standards.





My friend has a good technique though that has yielded him luck: He waits one week after he applies, and after 12 on that day he calls.
well it depends on wich company you chose

No comments:

Post a Comment