Wednesday, December 23, 2009

What are the elements used for making coins?

Please tell me what are the elements used for making coins. I want this for my homework tomorrow. If you know a good site which gives info on the making of coins please tell me.What are the elements used for making coins?
1) silver


2) gold (olden days)


3) copper


4) platinum (very rarely)


5) palladium (very rarely)


6) some alloys like bronze.What are the elements used for making coins?
You might as well know the correct answers even though your homewark was due 3 days ago. Currently pennies are copper coated zinc. Nickels are and alloy of 75% copper and 25% nickel. Dimes, Quarters and half dollars are copper nickel clad on a copper core.
The elements used for making coins is nickel and metal I'm not sure yet.
I know for penny is copper.

No comments:

Post a Comment