Wednesday, December 23, 2009

What are the basic steps of installing and making operational a second hard drive?

Please list the required steps to install a second hard drive in my HP Pavilion 7955.





I will use this 250GB drive as my backup drive...mainly to store all of my pictures and videos prior to burning to DVD.What are the basic steps of installing and making operational a second hard drive?
Unplug from AC outlet, open case, find slot to physically place drive. Cable the drive off the same ribbon as the CD drive. check the CD drive dip switch which is probably set to master, I would switch it to slave, dip switch the HD to CS or Master, different drives need different settings, plug in drive power, plug in main power.





Start Windows, go to Start, Run, type in ';diskmgmt.msc'; and say ok. You should see the new HD, right click on it and you should have create partition and then format.

No comments:

Post a Comment